Finely detailed antique English silver garter belt style bracelet hallmarked for Birmingham 1882.
Crafted on the oval the bracelet is decorated on the front with a dimensional and beautifully engraved belt and buckle. The rest of the bracelet left silky smooth with a hinge on one side and a hidden shovel clasp on the other side.
The charming buckle motif is a recurring theme in Victorian jewelry and was thought to render safety, security and protection. These lovely sentimental bracelets were often given as a bridal gift, a fabulously decorative antique gem, gorgeous piece! .
MATERIALS: Sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: The bracelet measures 5/8" wide (approx. 24mm) and has an inside circumference of 7" (approx. 18cm).
HALLMARKS: Stamped inside front and back, anchor for Birmingham, lion passant for sterling silver, date letter gothic 'h' for 1882 and 'MG' makers mark.
WEIGHT: 25 grams
DATE: 1880, Victorian Aesthetic
CONDITION: In very very good condition with signs of wear and age but no real flaws. The hinge is nice and solid with the bracelet fastening securely with a satisfying snap.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.