A superb quality vintage English sterling silver hinged bangle in the form of a belt with a buckle. The bracelet is fully hallmarked for 1976 and patented to protect the design.
A solid heavy gauge piece and perfectly engineered the bracelet is crafted on the round with a hinge on the side . To open the bracelet you simply squeeze it from the sides to release the buckle which flips up, to close it the buckle is pushed down and the prong locks it perfectly in place.
The bracelet is realistically detailed and beautifully engraved in a classic Victorian style pattern of ferns. During the Victorian era ferns represented sincerity with the belt and buckle symbolising protection and security, not surprisingly bracelets like these were often given as gifts to sweethearts and brides.
A gorgeous piece, exquisite quality, fabulous for stacking or wearing as a signature piece these beautiful sentimental English silver bracelets never go out of style.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver
HALLMARKS: Hallmarkd front and back with lion passant for sterling, anchor for the town of Birmingham, date letter 'B' for 1976, maker's mark 'BLtd' for Bracelon Ltd., a manufacturing jewellers located in Hylton Street, Birmingham. Also stamped with the design patent "PatNo 960949".
MEASUREMENTS: 1/2" wide (approx 14mm) inner circumference 6-5/8" (17cm)
WEIGHT: heavy at 28 grams
CONDITION: Excellent, the silver is thick gauge with no dings and the engraving still crisp. Any scratches seen in the photos are microscopic and not visible to the eye. The hinge and front clasp are in perfect working order with the bracelet fastening securely.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.