An absolutely exquisite antique solid 9ct gold "Albertina" fancy link pocket watch chain with a beautifully decorative spinner fob that can be worn as a bracelet if so desired.
This elegant chain is all original down to the fob that coordinates with the trombone and love knot links throughout the chain. The entire piece is extensively hallmarked throughout on every conceivable part, all the long chain links are stamped, both dog clips are stamped as is the T-bar and the spinning fob. Always a sign of high quality we have never come across a piece bearing so many matching hallmarks.
Rendered in the warm rosy gold that you only see in antique jewellery, the chain is versatile having a dog/Albert clip at each end, a T-bar in the centre and the fob drop at the end next to a clip. The spinning fob is is a joy with oval link gold chain at the top and a glossy bloodstone cabochon on one side and a deep reddish brown carnelian cabochon on the other.
At 12 inches end to end it would only fit a very slender wrist fully doubled with the clips fastened together. For wear as a bracelet on an average wrist you'd need to clip the ends to the middle of the chain or you could add a couple of gold jump rings along the chain length for ease of fastening. Superb watchchain with all the bells and whistles, top quality and in beautiful condition!
MATERIALS: 9ct gold throughout
GEMSTONES: natural carnelian & bloodstone, 16mm diameter
WEIGHT: 25.2 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped entire length of chain and on the 2 clips and T-bar with '9-375', 'anchor' & 'EWS' for Edward Whitehouse & Sons, Wyse St. Birmingham. Stamped on the fob '9-375', 'anchor', 'EWS' and date letter 'M' for 1886
MEASUREMENTS: length 12" (31cm) end to end, width 5mm. T-bar 33mm, clips 20x8.5mm, fob drop 37mm, the fob itself measures 27x22mm
ERA: Victorian, circa 1880
CONDITION: Excellent antique condition showing minimal light wear, clips in perfect order and no damage to the fob
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking. Global Express shipping is available if required, simply upgrade your shipping method at check out.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a full refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.