An incredibly rare and beautiful Georgian diamond and baroque pearl pendant necklace circa 1780. The necklace features a silver pansy shaped flower head pendant pinch set with old cut diamonds, flanked by two further diamond set pellets above five splayed pearls suspended on a single strand of forty five uniform baroque river pearls.
The diamonds number six in total and are roughly cut with low clarity as you would expect in a necklace this early. A single gold bead ornaments the center of the pendant and the necklace fastens with small bolt ring catch
MATERIALS: 925 sterling silver (tested), 9ct gold.
GEMSTONES: Diamonds (tested), natural river pearls.
DATE: Georgian circa 1780.
MEASUREMENTS: Pendant, 1-3/8 inches (approx. 35x35mm). Necklace length 18-1/2 inches (47cm) with the pearls measuring 10x4mm.
WEIGHT: 18 grams
CONDITION: Given age we consider the necklace to be in fine antique condition. There is a tiny chip to the very top of one of the splayed pearls where it is pegged into the setting but it is secure and doesn't move. The silk stringing is hand knotted in between each pearl shows no sign of perishing and the catch is in perfect working order. The pearls are a lustrous creamy ivory color any yellowing is from the studio lighting. A rare original gem from the Georgian era, just gorgeous and bound to bring endless joy to the new owner!
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.