Superb quality vintage Etruscan style 18 carat gold necklace pendant fashioned as tankard. It would also make for an impressively large addition to a chunky charm bracelet.
Delightfully detailed with carved flowers, scrolls and milgrain decoration against a brushed background it has a hinged lid that flips open when the little lever is depressed. It has a large oval bail that will accommodate most necklace chains and it is in great condition with the lid fitting snugly and closing tightly.
MATERIALS: 18 carat gold (tested)
SIZE: 1-1/8" high (25mm)
WEIGHT: 5 grams
HALLMARKS: Italian, stamped '750' and 'AR' and a star symbol on bail. No visible hallmarks on the tankard which has been acid tested at 18ct.
CONDITION: Excellent with no dings or dents (dark areas are shadows) and the lid fitting tightly with the hinge in perfect working order. The bail has been cut through at some point but it is secure and safely holds the weight of the pendant. You could have it soldered for extra security but we don't think it is particularly necessary.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.