A fine quality antique English bloodstone signet ring with historical Chester hallmarks for 1896. Beautifully rendered in rich buttery 18ct gold the glossy teal green and red flecked bloodstone is flat cabochon cut and bezel set into a very decorative scrolled setting with fanned shoulders and elegant split shank effect sides.
During the 18th and 19th centuries these gem set signet style rings were fashionably worn on the index finger by both sexes and this is a just superb example bearing desirable Chester gold assay marks. The blood stone is thought to protect from the evil eye and promote healing.
MATERIALS: 18K yellow gold.
GEMSTONE: Oval bloodstone 8.7x7.3mm.
RING SIZE: 7 (US) N-1/2 (UK) 54 (EU) with sizing available for an additional fee.
MEASUREMENTS: Face 12x10mm, shoulders 7.5mm sloping to a band width of 3mm at the back.
WEIGHT: 3.93 grams
HALLMARKS: Stamped Crown, 18, wheat sheaves for Chester and date letter 'N' for 1896.
CONDITION: In excellent antique condition, with minor surface wear as to be expected and the blood-stone free of cracks and chips.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you