A superb quality antique 15ct gold 'guiding star' pendant necklace encrusted with luminous natural pearls. The pearls are pave set in gold beadwork with the tips and center pearls mounted in charming cup cake fluted mounts.
The pendant has a fully detachable marquise shaped bail for wear as a brooch and it suspends from an antique solid gold chain that we believe to be original to the pendant.
The chain is a sturdy weight with curb links and fastens with a torpedo catch.
A truly exquisite Victorian pendant necklace that is bound to bring endless joy to the new owner, you will love the remarkable attention to detail and without a doubt an heirloom worthy gem! 15 carat was a UK standard of gold purity only used from 1854 until 1931 so jewelry bearing this desirable hallmark is very much sought after.
MATERIALS: 15ct yellow gold pendant, 9ct gold chain, tested
GEMSTONE: Natural seed pearl
DATE: Victorian, circa 1880.
HALLMARKS: Stamped '15ct' on back of pendant and 'KJ' with an arrow through on the chain catch.
MEASUREMENTS: Pendant, height 1-3/4" (45mm) including the bail, width 1-1/4" (30mm). The chain is 19" (48cm)
WEIGHT: Combined weight 11.4 grams (pendant 6.3 grams, chain 5.1 grams)
CONDITION: Excellent, all original condition with no wear to the pearls. The pin back in perfect working order and the necklace catch fastening properly and holding securely. On the chain there are a couple of links that are slightly larger, they may be replacements, or they may have always been this way, one of the charming quirks we often see in antique jewelry that is not mass produced.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.