A large elaborate antique sterling silver brooch that has been crafted using a repousse technique which gives this piece lots of dimension and interest. Intricate chased detailing adds texture. The natural arts and crafts influenced design with the use of fruit, leaves and feather plumes is iconic to the art nouveau era. A fabulous Bohemian style brooch, lots of panache!
Circa 1910. This is a wide brooch, 2-3/8" across and condition is excellent. The pin back is sturdy and it closes with a rolling safety clasp and it is stamped 'sterling' on the reverse.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.