Circa 1830, this wonderfully decorative 9ct gold fob is an impressively sized watch key. It is fashioned as a long straight Medieval style trumpet and beautifully carved and engraved in a flower and foliate design along with a Greek Key pattern. It has a central collar decorated with gold beads and has a gold jump ring attached. The base set with a dark green Bloodstone cabochon.
This stately fob would have originally been worn attached to a well-to-do gent's watch chain and used to wind his pocket watch, these days it makes for a unique necklace pendant, full of olde world charm, perfect for the music lover!
Please note the chain is not included.
MATERIALS: 9ct yellow gold throughout
MEASUREMENTS: 2-1/8" (5.4cm) tall, base, 5/8" (1.5cm) diameter
DATE: Georgian, early Victorian, circa 1830
WEIGHT: 9.6 grams
HALLMARKS: none, acid tests and verified 9ct gold
CONDITION: In good antique condition with expected light surface wear and signs of use and age. The engraving is still lovely and crisp and the bloodstone is free of any damage, please see photos, any dark spots are shadow caused by the lighting. A fabulous solid gold accent accessory, good for the ladies or the gents!
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discount and no sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Gold, Bloodstone.