This beautiful antique Victorian sterling silver pendant features a fairly large sized hand-painted romantic portrait of a lovely young lady in a pink cloak wearing pink roses in her hair.
The painted porcelain plaque is housed in a very attractive silver setting with a beaded frame and a large teardrop bale. There's a port-hole in the back of the setting where we can see "31 X" impressed into the porcelain, this is likely the design and size code of the painting.
The portrait is beautifully painted, there are tiny white lines in the paint that add a lovely crackle effect enhancing her antique appearance. These minor surface scuffs look a lot less obvious in real life than they do in the photos which are magnified.
We have added a new Italian sterling silver 22" (56cm) chain so this beauty is ready to wear right out of the box (if you prefer a shorter length we have 16"or 18" available, just make a note on your order)
A gorgeous Victorian pendant necklace, full of old world charm! Perfect for your layering, wearing alone as a signature piece or fab as a unique sentimental gift!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: pendant drop 2-1/4" (5.5cm) measured from the top to the bottom. Portrait plaque 1-3/4" x 1-1/4" (4.5x3.5cm)
WEIGHT: total 16.6 grams (pendant 14.3 grams, chain 2.3 grams)
HALLMARKS: pendant none and acid tested and verified as sterling silver, chain stamped '925'
DATE: circa 1880, Victorian
CONDITION: in very good antique condition with light surface scratches to the silver and paint commensurate with age
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING worldwide on all purchases. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Porcelain, Enamel.