Iconic jazz age architectural geometric design! This superb quality large sterling silver and marcasite monogrammed initial brooch dates from the Art Deco era. The marcasites are bead set into the mount by hand - a laborious task!
The brooch is constructed in two pieces with the central onyx panel bearing the initials "LME" giving a very attractive dimensional effect.
Condition is very very good, with the pin back working perfectly and fastening securely. There are four tiny marcasites missing which doesn't detract in any way. Size 2-1/4" across and weighs a solid 22.7 grams. Hallmarked "Sterling" in two places.
Fabulous example of flapper era fashion, iconic of the era and very stylish attached to a hat or purse!
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.