A fine quality 18th Century seal fob, a solid piece cased in 15k gold. The base is set with an uncarved moonstone panel, and the fob itself is deeply chased with orange blossom and other foliate detailing along with a crown motif. It would have originally been worn on the end of a gentleman's watch chain, but would equally make for an attractive pendant.
We have added a new 18" (46cm) gold vermeil (gold plated sterling silver) Belcher chain for wear as a pendant. . Our chains are manufactured in the Italy and are high quality and fully hallmarked. With its elegant round links the Belcher or rolo chain is one of the most enduring antique chain styles still available today, perfect for wear with antique pendants and lockets.
MATERIALS: 15 carat gold cased, tested.
MEASUREMENTS: Height 1-1/8" (28mm). Base: 17x15mm.
DATE: Georgian, circa 1780
WEIGHT: 6.6 grams (fob weight).
CONDITION: In good antique condition with expected signs of age and wear in a piece over 230 years old and priced accordingly. The majority of the carving is still fairly crisp, there is an area to one side where the gold is rubbed smooth. The wear is located where the fob has been worn against a waistcoat over decades, charming evidence of being treasured! The loop at the top is also worn part way through where it has been worn on a watch chain. The loop is still intact and will last for many more moons to come. The moonstone is in excellent condition with no chipping or cracks.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.