A delightfully decorated English sterling silver medallion fob hallmarked for Birmingham 1929. This piece was once worn on a pocket watch chain but its now a unique pendant that you can admire and wear daily.
With plenty of age to it the fob is engraved in Laurel wreath around the outside edge. Laurel leaves and branches represent special achievements and distinctions so this might be the perfect piece to reward yourself or someone special for something good! There is a raised shield shaped cartouche in the centre which means that you could also choose to engrave it for a personal touch!
The top has its original heavy duty jump ring bale that is stamped with the British lion passant for sterling and we have added a new Italian sterling silver chain so this unique "triumphant" pendant is ready to wear right out of the box!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: stands 1-5/8" (4cm) tall measured from the top of the jump ring to the bottom, the round part measures 1-1/4" (3cm) diameter. The jump ring at the very top is 10mm diameter and 2mm thick
WEIGHT: 11.5 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped 'lion passant' for sterling silver, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'E' for 1929. Also stamped 'R.P.' in a shield, makers mark for Robert Pringle & Sons, London.
ERA: Art Deco, dated 1911
CONDITION: in excellent vintage condition with minor surface wear and light scratches in keeping with age.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone! All of our jewellery is sympathetically cleaned and polished and ready for you to wear and enjoy.
- FREE SIPPING WORLDWIDE. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking and insurance
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.