The sweetest little Victorian sterling silver and crystal scent bottle pendant in the form of a cornucopia or hunting horn.
Madly collectible in this novelty form the clear glass is deeply cut in a beautiful ellipse pattern and the hinged silver lid is prettily embossed in a floral design with gold gilding on the inside. It remains useable with a cork stopper in the top and the original silver chain is attached along with a finger sized silver ring so it can be worn hung on a wide variety of necklace chains.
The bottle is in excellent condition, due to the fragile nature of antique glass perfume bottle pieces like this are often damaged, but this one is in near perfect condition with only slight surface wear noticed under magnification. The hinge is sturdy and in good order and the silver top closes with a lovely satisfying click. It isn't hallmarked and we have acid tested and verified that all the fittings are 925 sterling silver.
This sweet little trifle might have been worn dangling enticingly from a Victorian lady's little finger, attached to her chatelaine, or worn as a fabulously decorative pendant on her long guard chain, it remains as uniquely wearable today!
MATERIALS: sterling silver, lead crystal glass
MEASUREMENTS: 2-1/8" (5.5cm) across, chain 1" (2.5cm) at each side, ring 3/4" (2cm) diameter
ERA: Victorian, circa 1880
WEIGHT: 12.9 grams
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique jewelry in our carefully curated shop. Each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- DISCOUNT, find special discount and no sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique jewels:
Materials: Sterling Silver, Lead Crystal.