A solid heavy gauge vintage sterling silver Scottish buckle ring. The ring features an intricate embossed and engraved Celtic pattern of spirals and knot work from the Book Of Kells.
Shadow work in the recesses gives the ring dimension and a large D- shaped buckle adorns the front. The design covers the front of the ring with the back left smooth.
Size US 8/UK P.5/EU 57
This is a fairly wide band ring measuring 10.3mm at the buckle, 6.8mm at the shoulders and 5.7mm at the back of the band. It weighs 4.7 grams and is hallmarked 'silver' an older mark used on sterling silver.
Condition is really very very good with only the gentlest signs of wear as expected and the engraving still nice and crisp
A popular ring style since Victorian times the buckle ring symbolizes eternity, fidelity and protection so this type of ring was often given as a loving gift to sweethearts. It is a double treat to find a Celtic buckle ring, fabulous piece!
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.