This massive and solidly constructed figural tulip brooch is crafted in sterling silver with a rose gold plating and was made in the 1940's by the Nordic Silver Company, New York.
The designer was Frederick Biederbach. This is a rare brand and it is unusual to find the superb quality pieces that the company was known for, they are hard to come by.
Wonderful retro design and very dimensional the tulip is is accented with rows of pave set paste stones and it has a heavy duty pin back. Super quality, the brooch is in excellent vintage condition with no missing stones.
Hallmarks "NORDIC STERLING"
Size is 3-1/2" long and 2" wide. It weighs 34 grams, so a substantial and heavy piece. Best suited to wear on coats and jackets rather than light fabrics. Would look fabulous on a hat, a unique statement piece for the fashionista or those that appreciate rare vintage luxury brands!
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.