An exquisite antique 9ct gold and clear paste "diamond" trilogy ring. Representing 'past, present and future' the 3 stone trilogy ring was a popular choice of engagement ring in the Edwardian and early Deco era.
This is a two tone ring, 9ct yellow gold for the band with the stones setting in sterling silver. This is an antique jewellery technique that was used before the widespread use of white gold, it prevented an undesirable yellow cast from the gold reflecting on clear stones. The stones are claw set in a high rex (crown) setting with knife edge shoulders at the sides which helps focus all attention on them, the high setting also allows light to pass through enhancing the sparkle even more!
Absolutely gorgeous, this beautifully feminine ring would make an exquisite engagement ring, it looks stunning paired with a slender wedding band. It is equally at home as a dress ring and can certainly hold its own when worn stacked with other beautiful antique rings
Paste is a heavy very transparent clear lead glass that was invented in 1758 by Viennese goldsmith Joseph Strasser. It was mixed wet (hence the term paste) and the resulting material which had a very high refraction index and strong dispersion could be cut into facets so the stones simulated all the fire and brilliance of genuine diamonds. These beautiful imitation jewels became known as Strass stones!
MATERIALS: 9 carat yellow gold, sterling silver
GEMSTONES: 3 round facet cut paste (glass) stones, 4mm diameter, equivalent gemstone carat weight approximately 1/3 carat each
MEASUREMENTS: stone spread 13mm, stands 4.3mm high, band width 2.5mm. Ring size 7-1/2 (US) P (UK) EU 55-1/4 with sizing available for an additional fee
HALLMARKS: Stamped inside band '9CT & SIL'
WEIGHT: 1.8 grams
DATE: Transitional Edwardian/Art Deco, circa 1920
CONDITION: Excellent with expected signs of age but minimal signs of any real wear, the stones are free of flaws with no damage to the claws, any dark areas are camera shadow
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Gold, Sterling Silver, Paste Diamonds.