Exquisite antique figural brooch depicting a large lizard. A transitional piece dating to around 1910 Edwardian early Art Deco era it is beautifully modelled in 935 sterling silver and set with paste (glass) diamonds and emeralds.
Superb detailing down to the tiny little 'ruby' eyes. European in origin, possibly Germany, it is stamped "935" a higher purity of silver than sterling which is 925. No makers mark is visible.
At 100 years old it is a testament to high quality antique costume jewelry with not a single stone missing and he still has the original safety chain and pin present.
Condition is excellent antique with the clear paste stones still overall bright, a little darkening to a couple but no sign of yellowing. Both eyes are present. Measures 2-3/4" long. Weighs 8.3 grams.
This brooch showcases the finest style and quality of the era and is strikingly wearable. Perfect for those seeking authentic Edwardian/Art Deco jewelry.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.