This graceful antique silver pendant necklace is so evocative of the elegant Edwardian era transitioning to the Art Deco period. The necklace is lightweight and striking it features a rectangular pendant set with a large oval red glass cabochon that has a domed profile.
The silver peanut style chain is embellished with red glass beads and it has an elongated link extender chain decorated at the end with a clear crystal bead. The extender is a later addition but we have left it in place because it gives more versatility to what is otherwise a fairly short necklace.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver throughout, tested. Simulated coral (glass)
MEASUREMENTS: Pendant 1-1/8" high 3/4" wide (approx. 30x20mm). The peanut chain measures 16" in length (8" at each side) with the extender adding another 4"
WEIGHT: 10 grams
DATE: 1910s, Edwardian/Art Nouveau
CONDITION: Excellent condition with no damage to the glass.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.