An exquisite Georgian 18ct gold teardrop shaped amethyst & pearl pendant that suspends from what looks to be its original rope length chain. The chain is long measuring over 40" and it is hand-crafted in luxurious 18ct yellow gold with elegant box links. The chain has no clasp, it simply slips over the head and can be worn doubled if desired.
The natural amethyst is a beautiful shade of violet, it is pear cut and set into a domed setting with a port hole in the back that allows light through to enhance the sparkle of the gemstone. A row of golden studded beads frame the amethyst followed by a border of creamy ivory coloured natural pearls in lovely pinched collet settings.
This necklace is in very good antique condition with light surface wear as expected in a 200 year old piece but it has been very well cared for. The amethyst has natural feathery inclusions on the inside and a couple of fine surface scratches seen under close magnification. The pearls are scuff free and secure in their settings. The chain is a sturdy gauge and free flowing with no kinks, there are the usual spots of gold solder joining the links together as you might expect to see in a chain that is completely crafted by hand.
An elegant and luxurious antique necklace that just might become the star of your antique jewellery collection. It would have perfectly suited the high waisted silk gowns fashionable in the Georgian Regency period and it is every bit as wearable today!
MATERIALS: 18ct yellow gold
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested, natural amethyst, pear cut approx. 18x12mm, natural pearls 2.5mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: : chain measures 20-1/2" (52cm) down each side (total length 41"/104cm) and 1.2mm wide. The pendant measures 1" (2.6cm) tall, 5/8" (2cm) wide and 6mm deep.
WEIGHT: 13.2 grams.
HALLMARKS: none, acid tested and verified 18ct gold throughout
DATE: Georgian-Regency, circa 1810
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 18ct Gold, Natural Amethyst, Natural Pearls.