This beautiful vintage Victorian style "fouled" anchor pendant is crafted in gleaming sterling silver and hails from Malta. Lovely quality it is pretty and feminine featuring engraved detailing, arrowhead finials and twisted silver wire forming the rope that wraps around the centre.
Delightfully decorative and steeped in sentiment, the anchor symbolises hope and steadfastness, the "fouled" anchor (entangled in its own rope) represents the trials and tribulations of life. Little wonder that anchors were beloved jewellery motifs in the Victorian age and remain so!
The pendant remains in excellent vintage condition, it has a generously sized oval bale at the top and we have added a new Italian sterling silver fine curb chain for immediate wear.
A wonderful nautical necklace, oozing in sentiment, rich in history and timeless in style, perfect as a loving gift to yourself or someone special!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
HALLMARKS: pendant bale stamped 'Maltese cross' symbol for Malta, '925' for sterling and an 'infinity' symbol. Chain stamped '925'
MEASUREMENTS: 1-1/2" (3.5cm) tall measured from the top of the bale to the bottom of the anchor, 5/8" (2cm) wide. Chain 18" (45cm)
WEIGHT: 3.0 grams
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.