Superb quality 1930s sterling silver and marcasite brooch. Heavily encrusted with brad set marcasite (iron pyrite) gemstones and silver bead work the brooch is beautifully detailed and dimensional in a large floral swag design.
Gorgeous piece, perfect for the wedding bride and those seeking a little vintage luxury! The brooch measures 2-1/4" high and 1-1/2" wide (approx 58x38mm) and weighs 17 grams.
It is in very very good condition with no missing stones and it has a sturdy pin back with a rolling safety clasp that is in perfect working order. There is a lot of room behind the pin back for wear of heavy fabrics and knits.
The brooch is unmarked but tests as solid sterling silver and it is rhodium plated to prevent tarnish spoiling its bright silver appearance.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens under bright studio lighting to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches can be grossly exaggerated and are invisible in real life, likewise shadows can cause blemishes and dark spots that aren't really there.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, returns are accepted for any reason. Please consult our shops policy section for full details and return procedures.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over $150. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.