Iconic jazz baby pair of late 20's early 30's Bakelite dress clips in a fluid deeply carved curvy design. They are semi translucent and look black to the naked eye and green under bright light. Period Bakelite darkens over time so a lot of black Bakelite was originally a different color and still is if you polish the years of patina off. They are hand carved and not identical. One is slightly smaller and has a darker patina than the other.
Condition is very very good with the clips screwed on to the fronts and nice and tight. They are signed ""Made USA" on one and patent number "1801128" on the other which dates these clips to around 1931 the height of the Deco era! They measure slightly over 2" high.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.