A large size Victorian pique work cross necklace, circa 1870.
This cross is rendered in black Vauxhall glass with gold pique inlay in a pretty floral pattern. The top has a brass pinch bail and suspension ring and it is still attached to a black and gold grosgrain ribbon that looks to be original to the piece. This cross was likely worn as mourning dress.
MATERIALS: Black Vauxhall glass, gold inlay
SIZE: 2-3/4" high measured without the bail, 1-1/2" across and 1/2" deep (approx. 65x40x15mm)
DATE: Victorian circa 1870
CONDITION: The cross is in very good antique condition given age, the gold pique inlay is a little worn but the pattern is still pretty much intact and identifiable, There are tiny nibbles to the edges of the glass in places that are only apparent under magnification. The pinch bale and suspension ring are heavy duty and solidly attached to safely support the weight of the cross. The ribbon is in remarkable condition given age!
WEIGHT: 22 grams
Gorgeous Victorian era mourning jewel, very wearable today and will invite plenty of compliments!
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.