A unique antique Chinese double fish silver ring. In Chinese culture double or twin fish symbolise love so perhaps this is a ring with a hidden meaning!
This marquise shaped ring is crafted out of sterling silver in an incredible design that forms a very clever optical illusion. When viewed vertically it looks like an intricately engraved silver ring set in simulated diamonds and jade. When the ring is turned onto its side a pair of superbly detailed fish (back to back, with one flipped over) gradually appear to you.
Hailing from the Art Deco era, the ring is very well made and high quality with bright cut engraving and the glass stones bead set. It has a raised stepped gallery that elevates the ring off the finger and creates a curved profile when viewed from the side and it provides wonderful finger coverage
A one of a kind statement ring, if you're a collector of quirky antique jewellery or just love unique conversation pieces then this may be one for you!
MATERIALS: sterling silver, acid tested
MEASUREMENTS: face measures 1-1/4" (3.4cm) tall, 5/8" (2cm) wide. The band is 4mm wide
RING SIZE: UK Q-1/2, US 8-1/4
WEIGHT: 16 grams
HALLMARKS: none (acid tested)
DATE: circa 1920, Art Deco
CONDITION: in excellent antique condition with light wear, please see photos, dark spots are camera shadow
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, with you in mind. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Glass.