Circa 1910, this beautiful Art Nouveau silver water lily pad and pearl drop pendant is as iconic of the era as it is unique. Created using the lost wax casting, so you will never see another one, the leaf is exquisitely detailed showing a high level of workmanship and skill. A very tactile piece and the quality is just superb.
A natural 6.8mm river pearl drop with a faint hint of blue luminescence suspends from the bottom. The pendant measures 1-1/4" wide and 1-1/2" long (approx 32x40mm) and has a pin back so can be worn as a brooch too.
Stamped on the back '925' and a makers mark, two circles side by side with a line through. We are unfamiliar with the mark but feel it is an important Arts & Crafts maker, the pendant is just that good. Any insight into this piece would be very welcome!
Condition is excellent, the silver has an unusual bright iridescent finish, the pin back works perfectly and has a safety clasp. The pearl has no wear to the nacre.
We have added a new sterling silver trace chain, our chains are made in Italy and are high quality and fully hallmarked. They are oxidised to give a vintage appearance which matches our antique pendants perfectly!
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.