Evoking a world of bygone elegance this delightfully sentimental antique 935 silver and paste brooch depicts cupid's arrow and lucky shamrock. Traditionally worn by a bride during the Victorian and Edwardian eras it symbolizes great love and good fortune in the marriage.
Uncommonly pretty the brooch is rendered in high grade 935 silver and fashioned into a curling arrow flying over a larger than life sprig of shamrock all studded with individually set sparkling paste 'diamonds'.
The brooch benefits from a sturdy pin back, also in silver, with a rollover safety clasp which, is a later replacement. A particularly lovely example of this type of love token jewelry, perfect for wear by the wedding bride, or even the groom on his cravat, something old and the perfect gift!
MATERIALS: 935 sterling silver
GEMSTONES: Paste (glass)
SIZE: 1-3/4" across 1" top to bottom (45x25mm)
HALLMARKS: Stamped 935
DATE: 1900, Victorian/Edwardian
WEIGHT: 10 grams
CONDITION: Very very good, the silver nice and bright with all the stones present and secure. The pin back in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.