Big, bold and beautiful this extraordinary 1970's 18 carat gold and jade cocktail ring is showstopper on a grand sale and is accompanied by an independent valuation for over $1400.
A 20 carat cabochon cut lavender jade gemstone is held aloft in an ornate high basket setting that is decorated with flowers, fronds and gold bead work. A wide flat band completes the ring.
Incredible workmanship and super quality reminiscent of Ming's of Honolulu, the jade is semi opaque with a consistent color throughout. It is a pastel shade of pale lilac that has almost an ethereal moonstone look to it. Very unusual, if you love signature jewelry this heirloom worthy, iconic and unique ring is for you!
The ring is accompanied by a jewelers appraisal from North Carolina, USA. As with any other jewellery appraisal that we have commissioned this determination is provided by an independent jeweler/gemologist who has no vested interest in our shop or the outcome of the valuation.
MATERIALS: 18 carat yellow gold, tested
GEMSTONE: pale lavender jade approx. 20 carats measuring 23.3x14.4mm
SIZE: US 8-1/2, UK Q-1/2, EU 58, sizing available for an additional fee
MEASUREMENTS: The ring stands 14.7mm from the finger with the face measuring 30 high and 22mm across. The band is 4mm wide
WEIGHT: 14.6 grams
CONDITION: Superb condition, looks to have been rarely worn
HALLMARKS: Stamped 18K inside band.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.