Highly collectible and desirable this early and outstanding Los Ballesteros necklace dates to the 1940s 1950s and features shell shape motifs set with onyx in deep repousse work.
The necklace is 16" long and fastens with a hook closure. Marks include "Ballesteros, Sterling, Handmade, Taxco" and the early eagle stamp. Provenance: Lolly Commanday Collection.
Lolly was one of the nations top collectors of Taxco silver and many of her pieces are featured in books that chronicle this Mexican art form. This necklace was part of her personal collection and acquired from her living estate before she passed away.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.