Circa 1950, a magnificent and highly desirable Margot de Taxco sterling silver bracelet in a striking ball and wing design. Margot Van Voorhies Carr (Margot de Taxco) was one of the classic designers of old Taxco, Mexico and a star pupil of Georg Jensen.
The bracelet measures 8-1/2" so will fit a larger wrist comfortably. it is 1-1/2" wide and has a safety chain and a hidden box clasp. Marks include "Margo de Taxco" eagle mark 16, "Made in Mexico" model number "5240" and "Sterling" . Condition is excellent. The bracelet weighs 86 grams.
Margot Van Voorhies Carr was one of the classic designers of old Taxco, Mexico and a star pupil of Georg Jensen.
Provenance: Lolly Commanday Collection. Lolly was one of the USA's top collectors of Taxco silver and many of her pieces are featured in books that chronicle this Mexican art form. This bracelet was part of her personal collection and purchased from her living estate before she passed away.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.