Wonderful antique Scottish agate brooch featuring three large glowing natural citrine gemstones.
Rendered in sterling silver and engraved in an ornate pattern in a very unusual curved 'S' shape the the brooch is both unique and elegant and could be worn by either sex on the lapel or even a tie.
The large oval citrines are faceted and open backed with the back of the brooch featuring a sturdy heavy duty pin back with lots of room behind for wear with heavier plaid fabrics should you wish.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver tested
GEMSTONES: 3 citrines, Presidium tested - center stone 5cts, two flanking stones 3cts each with a total carat weight of approx. 11 carats.
MEASUREMENTS: 2-1/4" across and 1" deep (approx. 58x25mm)
WEIGHT: 8.1 grams
DATE: Circa 1880, Victorian
HALLMARKS: none as typical with early pieces.
CONDITION: Superb condition with no flaws, the engraving still crisp, no chips or nicks to the citrine and the pin back in perfect working order. A timeless and elegant piece of antique jewelry!
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.