A superb quality natural red coral necklace with a solid 9ct yellow gold ball clasp. Hailing from the mid 20th century the necklace has fairly large sized beads in a superb peachy hue with pale pink marbling. It fastens with a gold ball clasp that matches the coral beads in size and gives a lovely uninterrupted flow to the design. The red coral is natural and undyed, it is opaque with a waxy sheen and dotted with smatterings of mollusc holes.
The coral beads have been strung onto white red silk necklace cord finished at the ends in gold French wire and the necklace lies beautifully.
MATERIALS: 9ct gold ball clasp (6.8mm diameter)
GEMSTONE: Mediterranean red coral, 70 round beads: approx. 6.8mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: Necklace length 18-1/2" (43cm)
HALLMARKS: clasp stamped '9KT'
WEIGHT: 28 grams
CONDITION: in excellent condition with no noted damage to the coral, no signs of deterioration in the silk cord and the clasp is in perfect working order
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Natural Mediterranean Coral, 9ct Yellow Gold.