This delightfully feminine antique Edwardian sterling silver sovereign case once held English gold sovereign coins but it has been expertly converted into a beautiful and unique locket pendant to hold your precious photos and keepsakes.
Stamped with good clear hallmarks for the year 1908 this piece is beautifully hand-engraved in a lovely floral pattern of forget-me-nots with a vacant shield shape cartouche on one side so that you could chose to have monogrammed for a personal touch.
It opens by depressing the button on the top and the door springs open to reveal a very spacious interior. There is a satin liner and clear acetate cover in one side ready to accommodate a photo and the other side boasts a deep recess to house another precious keepsake that you might chose to place in there, perhaps a lock of a loved one's hair.
This beautifully adapted locket pendant suspends from a new Italian sterling silver chain that has an oxidised finish to give it an antique appearance. She is ready to wear right out of the box, a truly stunning piece of antique silver jewellery that promises years and years of wear and enjoyment.
MATERIALS: sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: stands 2" (5cm) tall, pendant diameter 1-1/2" (3.2cm), 16mm deep, jump ring 8mm, chain 18" (46cm)
WEIGHT: without chain 13.3 grams, with chain 17 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped 'lion passant' for sterling silver on bale, stamped inside on both sides: 'lion passant', 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'i' for 1908, model number '58' and makers mark 'J.G. Ltd.' for Joseph Gloster Ltd. of the Lion Silver Works located in Birmingham's historic jewellery quarter
DATE: Edwardian dated 1908
CONDITION: this locket pendant is in very, very good antique condition with minor wear and light surface scratches in keeping with age. It springs open perfectly with a touch of the button and closes tightly with a solid and firm click.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone! All of our jewellery is sympathetically cleaned and polished and ready for you to wear and enjoy.
- FREE SIPPING WORLDWIDE. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking and insurance
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.