A beautiful little antique gold gilt and Strass paste gemstone target brooch dating to the Georgian Regency/very early Victorian era.
The brooch is Etruscan revival in style and features a beautifully cut Strass paste (glass) stone, that rivals a real diamond, Strass paste stones are an art form in their own right! The back of the brooch has an empty locket compartment to hold a weave of hair which still has its original paper liner with old printed lettering and glass cover. The compartment is easy to remove with your finger nail and there are hand etched numbers around the rim that would have denoted the size for the workshop. A sturdy pin back with a tube hinge and C- clasp completes this delicate and feminine brooch that would have been perfect for wear on the lightweight floral silk gowns of the romantic Regency era.
MATERIALS: gold plated silver
GEMSTONE: Strass paste (glass) gemstone 7.4mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: brooch 1-3/4" wide, 1-1/4" high (44x32mm), photo compartment 26x19mm
CONDITION: Condition is very good showing expected signs of age but no real wear, just a little tarnish to the locket compartment, please see photos.
At Mercy Madge we sell only antique and genuine vintage jewellery in our carefully curated shop. Each piece is hand selected by us, which means we only ever have one of each. Our pieces of jewellery are old treasures, once gone they are truly gone, and you may never find another!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Gold, Silver, Paste, Glass.