This sweetly sentimental antique locket is made out of gold tone metal and is embossed on both sides in a beautiful laurel wreath design. To the Victorians the laurel wreath represented victory, eternity and immortality.
The locket opens from the side to reveal black satin liners and a removable picture frame on one side to accommodate a photo and a deeper compartment on the other side to house hair or other precious keepsake.
It has a large heavy duty bale at the top so it will happily attach to a wide variety of chains and we have added a new Italian gold vermeil (gold plated sterling silver) chain so this lovely Victorian locket is ready to wear right out of the box.
The locket is in very good condition antique condition with a little surface wear to the gold metal and light tarnish, it shuts tightly with a satisfying snap and it has a good strong hinge.
MATERIALS: locket gold tone metal, chain sterling silver, gold
MEASUREMENTS: locket 1-1/2" (3.6cm) tall with the bale, 1" wide (2.6cm), 10mm deep. Chain 18" (45cm)
DATE: circa 1880, Victorian
WEIGHT: 7.3 grams
HALLMARKS: locket none, chain '925'
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of quality antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Gold.