This wonderful antique Victorian sterling silver brooch is fashioned as an impressive horseshoe with tons of fabulous detailing.
A decorative Kimblewick style bridle/snaffle bit accents the centre of the horseshoe complete with a curb chain embellishment. The horseshoe itself is just as decorative with 'nail' motifs standing proud giving a lovely 3-D effect.
Steeped in Victorian symbolism, horseshoes were a widely popular motif bestowing good luck and protection, this brooch is a particularly good example of its type and lovely quality.
The brooch is in very good antique condition with light surface scratches as you might expect given age. It has a sturdy pin fastener with a tubular hinge and c-clasp that are in perfect working order.
A chic and stylish piece of antique silver jewellery and a classic good luck charm, good for the gents or the ladies, the perfect antique jewellery gift for the equestrian!
MATERIALS: Sterling silver
SIZE: 1-1/8" (3cm) tall and wide
HALLMARK: none on the brooch, the chain part is stamped with a British lion passant for sterling
WEIGHT: 6 grams
DATE: Victorian circa, 1880
At Mercy Madge we curate antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.