A delightful vintage 1970s sterling silver oval locket obliquely engraved on the front in a floral pattern. In an antique style, it's a classic English locket and very pretty.
The locket is a dainty size and opens from the side to reveal 2 black satin lined stations to house your precious photos or tiny keepsakes. The picture rings are fixed in place so photos simply tuck underneath them. We have added a new Italian fine sterling silver curb chain so this little beauty is ready to wear straight out of the box.
The locket is in very good condition, with some light wear and faint surface scratches as to be expected in an vintage piece. It closes tightly with a satisfying click. All of our jewellery is professionally cleaned and polished so it's ready to wear or to give as a gift.
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: 1" (2.5cm) tall without the bail loops, 1-1/4" (3.4cm) including the bail loops, 5/8" (1.8cm) wide, 5.3mm deep. The chain is 18" (46cm) and we also have them available in a 16" length so if you prefer a shorter chain please make a note of it on your order.
WEIGHT: 4.7 grams total
HALLMARKS: locket isn't marked and we have acid tested to verify it is solid sterling silver, chain stamped '925'
DATE: mid century, 1970s
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast as dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.