A ravishing vintage necklace showcasing a fringe of 18 misty ethereal moonstones with a beautiful blue adularescence shimmering through each and every one of them.
Rendered in sterling silver the necklace centrepiece is a row of 9 moonstone cabochons with a series of 5 tiered pendant drops. All the moonstones are a domed round shape with flat backs and they are uniform in size.
An elegant flat cable chain completes the necklace which is secured with a spring-hinged clasp, ensuring a secure and comfortable fit. We are including a sterling silver necklace extender chain so you can wear it longer if you wish
This necklace is Edwardian in style, though dates to around the mid 20th century. It is said if you give your lover a moonstone necklace when the moon is full you will always have passion for each other, this would make an exquisite necklace for the bride! All of the moonstones have been tested and verified using a Presidium Gem Tester.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver throughout
GEMSTONES: 18 round moonstones, 6.1mm diameter, 2.8mm deep, weighing 0.25cts each with a total carat weight of 4.50cts
MEASUREMENTS: 16 inches (41cm) long, the extender chain will add another 2"
HALLMARKS: stamped '925' on clasps
WEIGHT: 8.1 grams.
ERA: mid-century, Edwardian Revival
CONDITION: in excellent vintage condition, the moonstones have beautiful natural mist like inclusions and an incredible blue shimmer as they catch the light, difficult to pick up with the camera. The moonstone cabochons are all securely set within the bezel settings, the drops are securely connected and the chain is perfect.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Moonstones, Sterling Silver.