A fantastic vintage 1960's "Nuvo" sterling silver sarcophagus pendant/large charm complete with a mummy encased inside. Crafted as Tutankhamun the "boy King" of Ancient Egypt the sarcophagus lid is hinged and lifts up to reveal his mummy.
This is a fairly rare piece (we haven't been able to find another Nuvo sarcophagus) and it is beautifully detailed and decorated in hieroglyphics, it has a built in bale on the back and it suspends from a good quality heavy gauge sterling silver curb chain.
The sarcophagus is signed "NUVO" on the inside of the lid (NUVO was the trademark used by the British manufacturing jeweller R. Platnauer located in Birmingham's historic 500 year old jewellery quarter). Rare Nuvo charms are highly sought after!
A fab example of original Egyptian Revivalist jewellery from the 1960's/70's and a good maker, add a touch of jewellery history to your necklace layering or a collectible addition to your chunky charm bracelet!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: pendant 1-1/4" (3cm) tall, 7mm across at the widest point. Chain 16" (41cm) long, 2.5mm wide
WEIGHT: 8.4 grams
HALLMARKS: pendant stamped 'NUVO' (we have acid tested and verified that it is sterling) chain stamped '925' on the clasp
CONDITION: excellent with minimal surface wear and the lid closing with a satisfying click. For easy opening slightly slide the lid to one side so it clears the little nub before lifting the lid.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.