Exquisite antique silver Austro Hungarian brooch hailing from the Edwardian era.
Composed in the suffragette colors of purple, white and green, the brooch is decorated in enamelled white crescents and purple flowers. A large chrysoprase cabochon (a type of green chalcedony) graces the centre surrounded by vivid pink genuine rubies.
Synonymous with jewelry created in the Austrian Hungarian Empire the brooch is in the Renaissance revival style and highly detailed with the back almost as decorative as the front and it fastens with a sturdy pin back.
A superbly crafted brooch, steeped in history and in incredible condition especially given age! We have the matching bracelet on the last 2 photos available should you be tempted into a set.
MATERIALS: 900-925 sterling silver (tested), enamel.
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested: 10 graduated rubies, measuring approx 0.05-0.07carat each. Green chrysoprase stone approx. 20x15mm.
MEASUREMENTS: 2-1/8" long and 1-1/4" top to bottom (55x30mm)
ERA: Edwardian circa 1910. WEIGHT: 15.7 grams.
HALLMARKS: None visible
CONDITION: Excellent antique condition with minimal enamel loss and no chips or cracks to the stones. Gorgeous antique patina to the silver with the pin back in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.