A beautiful scroll design and tiny diamonds adorn this Edwardian 18 carat gold ring hallmarked for Chester 1911. Chester gold is particularly sought after and becoming rare, the assay office closed 60 years ago.
This charming, dainty "Downton Abbey" ring evokes a world of bygone elegance, would make a lovely antique wedding ring and is perfect for stacking with other antique rings.
MATERIALS: 18 carat yellow gold
WEIGHT: 2.14 grams
MEASUREMENTS: The front measures 10mm wide sloping to a band width of 5mm at the back
HALLMARKS: Crown/18 for 18ct gold, three wheatsheaves with sword for Chester, date letter 'L' for 1911, stock number '161' and an indistinct makers mark. SIZE: 5.75 US, L UK and 51 EU.
DATE: 1910's Edwardian
CONDITION: Excellent antique condition with only the gentlest signs of age and wear. One of the diamonds at the end is missing, the stones are so tiny that it is barely noticeable and it can be replaced simply and cheaply. Well worth doing and we have priced the ring with this in mind.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.