Circa 1923, this outstanding Art Deco 14 carat gold, diamond and sapphire bracelet is a "secret watch" and a rare bird! Sublimely elegant, the panther style bracelet features fluid offset links in a brick wall design with a fluted shell front that is set with diamonds and sapphires.The shell opens to reveal the tiny secret watch inside.
Created by Schulz, an important Swiss maker, this bracelet watch was later retailed by Cartier and appeared in their secret watch advertisements published in Vogue magazine in 1926.This one is signed Schulz on the face and on the movement, others exist signed Cartier on the face and Schulz on the movement.
For as special as the watch is though, the primary draw with this piece is that it is an absolutely stunning Art Deco panther bracelet so iconic of the era. In fact you may never even use the watch. Perfectly engineered the bracelet links are as smooth as silk and lay perfectly flat. The shell is hinged at the bottom with a gold bead catch at the top, it flips open seamlessly and snaps tightly shut. The bracelet fastens with an fold over clasp that is in perfect working order.
MATERIALS: 14 carat yellow gold.
GEMSTONES: tested, 4 round claw set diamonds approx .05ct each, 3 sapphires, keystone cut, channel set, total length 10mm, width 4mm graduating to 2.9mm.
MEASUREMENTS: The bracelet measures a tad over 6 1/2" end to end (17cm) and 5/8" wide (15mm). The shell measures 24x12mm and 10mm deep.
WEIGHT: Total 36.7 grams, gold weight 34.2 grams.
HALLMARKS: Stamped '14K' and 'JSch' on the bracelet clasp and inside the watch cover
WATCH SPECS: Mother of pearl face/dial measures 12mm diameter, marked on the dial 'Schulz', marked inside cover 551367 and J Sch 14K. Marked on movement, Unadjusted, J. Schulz, Seventeen Jewels and JXZ.
CONDITION: In top notch condition with the bracelet links having fluid movement and kink free. The watch has been serviced and is in perfect working order should you wish to use it.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.