The charming floral ring is crafted in luxurious 18ct yellow gold in a beautiful Rococo design typical of the period. A halo of natural turquoise gemstones form the forget-me-not flower and an old point-cut diamond nestles in a star setting in the centre.
The shoulders are accented in a trio of turquoise stones at each side and simple gold band completes this delicate feminine ring that would have perfectly suited the fashionable lightweight floral silk gowns of the romantic Regency era.
A fabulous rare find and only becoming rarer as these Georgian sentimental locket rings become more and more scarce!
MATERIALS: 18ct gold
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested, mine cut diamond, 12 natural turquoise roughly 3mm diameter
RING SIZE: UK K-1/2, US 5-1/2
MEASUREMENTS: face, 16mm across (gemstone spread), 7.5mm wide at the front, band 2.1mm
WEIGHT: 2.3 grams
HALLMARKS: None, as is typical for the era, acid tested and verified 18ct gold
DATE: Georgian, circa 1800
CONDITION: in excellent condition with light wear and no noted flaws. This ring, in common with the vast majority of Georgian pieces is a dress ring and will not take 'heavy' wear being over 200 years old. Rings of this age in this excellent condition are increasingly hard to find.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, with you in mind. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 18ct Gold, Turquoise, Old Point Cut Diamond.