This fantastic Art Deco period antique silver Albert chain is a large size and nice and long so it provides a generous drape across the waistcoat when worn as a originally intended. Alternatively, it's the perfect length to wear as a versatile antique statement necklace!
Crafted in solid sterling silver this is a loose curb chain with large links and it is stamped throughout the links with the British lion passant for sterling - always a sign of a quality chain. Weighing a hefty 53.6 grams it has a long T-bar, a dog-clip and a silver medal fob made by Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Company in 1926. The round fob is decorated around the edge in a Laurel Wreath motif and it has an unengraved centre so you could choose to have a monogram added for a personal touch.
All in all a stylish and elegant top quality solid silver Albert pocket watch chain in excellent antique condition with minimal surface wear and beautifully polished. Perfect for him or her, fab for the wedding groom looking for heirloom accessories, this is an antique piece of jewellery that you will treasure and will want to wear forever!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: Measured from the end of the fob to the end of the clip 19-1/4" (49cm) in total length. Measured from the clip to the T-bar (drape length) 17" (43cm). The fob drop length is 3-1/2" (8cm). Dog-clip 22x8mm, T-bar 46mm, curb links 15mm x 8mm and 2 mm thick. Fob/Medal 1" (2.8cm) diameter
HALLMARKS: stamped 'lion passant' for sterling throughout, T-bar & dog-clip stamped 'SS' for sterling silver, fob stamped 'lion passant', 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'B' for 1926 and makers mark 'G&S Co Ltd.'
WEIGHT: 53.6 grams
CONDITION: in excellent antique throughout with expected light surface scratches and minor wear, we have more photos on our website at www.mercymadge.com
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.