Full hallmarks for 1962 authenticate this gorgeous all original English silver double curb link chain bracelet that has a large heart shaped padlock clasp complete with a real keyhole. Fashionable since Victorian times this is a classic and timeless "engagement" bracelet!
Made by Fred Manshaw of Hatton Garden, London the bracelet has separate solid silver double curb links with matching makers marks stamped on the end ring and padlock, a sign that the padlock is original to the bracelet.
No key is required to open the padlock. It simply pushes in at the nub to open and it locks closed with a satisfying snap. A decorative safety chain completes the bracelet.
This super quality silver bracelet will never go out of style, perfect for layering or wearing alone as a signature piece. You will wear her forever!
During the sentimental Victorian era this style of bracelet was often given to a sweetheart or fiancée as a loving gift and they became popularly known as an engagement bracelet!
MATERIALS: Sterling Silver
MEASUREMENTS: 7" long (18cm), links 8x7mm, padlock 22x14mm, safety chain 2-1/2" (6.5cm).
WEIGHT: 13.5 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped 'lion passant' for sterling throughout the links, end ring & padlock stamped 'lion passant', 'leopard head' for London, date letter 'g' for 1962 and 'FM' for Fred Manshaw
DATE: Mid-century, dated 1962
CONDITION: in excellent vintage condition with minor surface scratches to the silver padlock under magnification, as expected. This bracelet is beautifully polished with no tarnish and the padlock is in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique jewelry in our carefully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.