A high quality handmade vintage wedding band, dating from the late Deco era. This simple classic beauty has a court profile a rounded interior and is rendered in buttery 22 carat (22K) gold with clear Chester hallmarks for the year 1940.
Chester assay office closed in 1962 so gold bearing Chester hallmarks is particularly treasured, it commands a premium and is becoming harder to find. A narrow elegant wedding ring with desirable hallmarks, perfect for pairing with an Art Deco engagement ring and it is sublimely comfortable to wear!
Size: UK - L 1/2; US - 6; EU - 51.5. Sizing available for an additional fee.
Measures approx 2.5 mm wide by 1.3 mm deep.
Weighs 2.51 grams.
Condition: Excellent with no wearing away of the gold, uniform in thickness all the way around.
Hallmarks: Crown & 22, Chester "wheatsheaves", date letter 'P', also stamped with makers mark 'KBSP' and 'M'
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.