Circa 1940 and hailing from the golden age of American costume jewelry this Trifari rhodium silver and clear crystal rhinestone convertible fur clip/brooch was designed by Alfred Philippe and is superb quality.
Elegant and dimensional it is solidly constructed in two pieces that are held together with a screw. Highly collectible and perfect for the wedding bride or simply those seeking vintage luxury.
Condition is excellent with no missing stones or wear to the rhodium plating. It measures 2-1/4" long and 1-1/2" wide and weighs 35 grams. It is signed on the back Trifari with a crown. Also signed "Corp. Pat. Pend" The dual mechanism at the back allows it to be worn as a brooch or fur clip.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.