A line of 5 old single cut earth-mined diamonds grace the front of this beautiful 1930s Art Deco 18ct gold and platinum engagement ring.
Single cut diamonds are a historic cut dating to the 17th century. The single cut diamonds accenting this beautiful ring are a very small size and they are star-set in bright white platinum curving in graduated design across the top of the finger. The diamonds are accented in sparkling milligrain granulation giving the impression of larger stones carpeting the whole face of the ring. This 'illusion' technique provides a durable setting that protects the tiny precious diamonds from knocks and results in an elegant and carefree ring that you can happily wear everyday.
Knife edge shoulders and a sturdy band in luxurious 18ct yellow gold complete this lovely period piece that would make a very sweet engagement ring. Full of old world charm she is equally at home as a feminine dress ring and can certainly hold her own when worn stacked with other beautiful antique rings!
MATERIALS: 18ct yellow gold, platinum
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested, 5 old single cut natural diamonds, graduating in size between approx. 1-1.7mm measured within the confines of the setting (centre stone roughly 0.20ct, side stones 0.10ct)
MEASUREMENTS: face measures 13mm across, 4mm tall. The ring profile stands 4mm off the finger, shoulders 0.8mm, band 2mm wide & 1.5mm thick
HALLMARKS: stamped inside band '18ct' & 'PT' and number '8753'
WEIGHT: 2.1 grams
RING SIZE: UK/S, US/9. Sizing available for an additional fee (please be aware that if you choose to have the ring re-sized it is considered a customised item and is non-returnable)
DATE: circa 1930, Art Deco
CONDITION: in excellent condition with minimal signs of any real wear.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Diamonds, Platinum, 18K Gold.