This beautiful Edwardian 9ct yellow gold ring is set with a large 4 carat oval paste (glass) amethyst in typical arts and crafts, art nouveau design. The ring features wide fanned shoulders with decorative cutouts and the simulated amethyst is double claw set, lovely attention to detail that makes for a very handsome yet feminine antique ring with lots of presence.
MATERIALS: 9 carat gold
GEMSTONE: Paste (glass) amethyst
MEASUREMENTS: Equivalent gemstone size, 4 carat (approx. 14x10mm). Shoulders 6mm wide sloping to band width of 2mm
RING SIZE: 5 US, J 1/2 UK, 49 EU
HALLMARKS: Stamped '9CT' inside band.
DATE: 1910 WEIGHT: 2.8 grams
CONDITION: In fairly good antique condition. This ring shows signs of age and being treasured for a long time. The gold isn't worn thin but the glass stone shows lots of surface scratching under magnification and the edges of the cut facets have softened with age and wear. It is nonetheless still a beautiful antique ring that deserves to be treasured again and we have priced it with the wear to the stone in mind.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.