Dating to the 1920's this beautiful high Deco era silver cocktail ring showcases a uniquely cut amethyst gemstone in a beautiful shade of lavender flanked by 2 bright white topaz accent stones at each side.
Crafted in 800 silver, so likely hailing from Germany or France. The ring is geometrically styled with a stepped profile and a fabulous cut out under gallery. The rectangular amethyst is roof shaped at the top, almost like a sugar loaf gemstone but more angular. It is set in split triple claws at the top and bottom and split double claws at the sides. The white topaz gemstones stones at the sides are accented by silver scrollwork. A double band adds to the detailed design.
A gorgeous all original jazz age cocktail ring in very good condition with light surface wear as expected in an antique ring. Please see the photos and disregard the yellowish reflections, the silver is a lovely bright white. There is a slight surface chip to the corner of the amethyst that is only noticeable under close magnification and we have priced accordingly. The gemstones have been tested and verified using a Presidium gem tester.
MATERIALS: 800 silver
GEMSTONES: amethyst, measuring 12x8.5mm, approx. 3.5 carats, 2 white topaz 1.3mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: face measures 5/8" (1.5cm) tall, 5/8" (1.5cm) wide and the same across, band 1.9mm
HALLMARKS: stamped '800' and a makers mark that we can't read, it looks a little like 'PC'
SIZE: Size UK M/US 6-1/4
WEIGHT: 4.1 grams
DATE: Art Deco, circa 1920
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $300. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Amethyst, Silver.